Connectives Exercise

Choose the best option to complete the sentences. 
1. Sumeena couldn't attend her class………her illness.( because of/ therefore/ in spite of)
2. ………….strong wind, they climbed the mountain.( Because/ Because of / in spite of) 
3. Monika…………..I like very much has recently written a book. ( whom/ whose/ what) 
4. Ram met me late evening yesterday,…….he didn't give me back my umbrella.( though/ therefore/ however) 
5. I don't know the girl………….is singing the song. (who/ whose/ whom) 
6. She got up early……..she could go to temple.(so/ however/ so that) 
7. He lost his way………his weak eyesight (so that/ however/ due to) 
8. She is happy………..she is poor.( however/ though/ even) 
9. ………her cleverness, she couldn't puzzle me.(Despite/ In order to/ Because of) 
10. She tried hard,…………she didn't get success.( though/ however/ so) 
11. The girl……..hair is long works in a bank. (who/ whose/ whom) 
12. I was born in Pokhara……..is very beautiful city. (which/ where/ who) 
13. The pen………….is on the table is mine. (where/ which/ who) 
14. The city…..we can see many temples is Kathmandu. (which/ where/ what) 
15. The time…….I usually get up is 4:30 a. m. (what/ which/ when) 
16. …………..I want to know is your personality.( What/ Who/ Whom)
17. You will be punished for………..you have done.(what/ when / while) 
18. I went to doctor……….some medicines.(because/ for / to) 
19. Rita was lazy, ………..she failed the exams.( however/ despite/ therefore) 
20. I cannot eat this food…………….I never eat meat.(but / although/since) 
21. Prem was not only teacher………………..my uncle. (but also/ as well as / along with) 
22. He passed math, ……..he failed English.( but/ however/ therefore) 
23. I went to the city………buy some fruits.( for/ to / because of) 
24. ………he was late, he missed his school bus.( Before/ As/ Until) 
25. Ravi often goes to river…….swim.( so that/ in order to/ because) 
26. They are happy……..they go.(where/ wherever/ which) 
27. We go to bank………..withdrawing money.(in order to/ for/ because of) 
28. The school was closed……..strike.( because of/ in spite of/ in order to) 
29. Our flight was cancelled……….poor visibility.(in spite of/because / because of) 
30. God helps those………..help themselves.(which/ what/ who)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CITY LIFE VS VILLAGE LIFE

My visit to Lumbini

My Visit to Bhaktapur Durbar Square