Subject-Verb Agreement Exercise

Click here Rules for Subject-Verb Agreement 
Select the correct form of the verb to complete the given sentences. 
1. The principal as well as his staff___________ (was/were/have) there.
2. The quality of these books _________ (is/are/were) very good.
3. The rhinoceros ________ an endangered animal. (are/is/was)
4. A number of women_________ (is/are/has) walking in the street.
5. All his luggage _________ lost. (was/were/have)
6. Each of the boys___________ (is/are/have been) playing.
7. Listen! Someone_________ (is/are/were) knocking at the door.
8. A teacher of many subjects_________ (is/are/am) essential for us.
9. Neither Ram nor I ___(has/have/had) understood the question till now.
10. Pal and Hitesh_________ (is/are/am) the best teachers of our school.
11. Either of the students ________ in the park yesterday. (is/was/were)
12. What _________ (are/is/was) you planning to do these days?
13. The principal and in charge _________ coming.(is/are/have been)
14. The principal and teacher ___________ (has/have/had) arrived.
15. Which one of these books_________ (is/are/were) yours?
16. Writing too much__________ (is/are/were) good for the students.
17. A packet of cigarettes ________ not enough for me. (is/are/were)
18. You as well as he _______ responsible for this action. (is/are/was/were)
19. All I want in my life_________ (is/are/were) peace and prosperity.
20. Your glasses_________ (are/were/is) not good in my opinion.
21. A number of fools_________ (is/am/are/have) present here.
22. Each of the boys_________ (is/was/are/were) here on time yesterday.
23. You had a baby so ________ (had/did/have) she.
24. Each of them _________ (has/have/had) problems.
25. Either of the boys ________strong enough to carry it. (is/am/are)
26. Either Ram or I _________ (is/are/am) coming.
27. Everyone who_________ (come/comes/came) to my house becomes happy.
28. Fifty kilos of rice_______________ (is/has/are) enough for our family.
29. Five kilometers ________ a long distance to walk. (is/are/were)
30. I work hard and so_________ (does/do/is) my sister.
31. Many a student __________ bought that book.(has/have/are)
32. You, who ________ my friend, should not worry about me. (is/are/was)
33. My sister and I _________ (was/were/has/have) at the station together.
34. Name or fame _________ difficult to earn. (is/am/are)
35. You, who ___________ (is/am/are/have) tall, can reach the top.
36. Neither Ganesh nor his friends ________ playing here. (is/are/was)
37. Nobody_________ (try/tries/have tried) to solve this problem.
38. None of the boys_________ (have/has/had) finished the class work yet.
39. Not only the players but also their instructor ______been invited. (has/have/is)
40. One dozen tomato_________ rupees forty.(cost/costs/costing)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CITY LIFE VS VILLAGE LIFE

My visit to Lumbini

My Visit to Bhaktapur Durbar Square